*** We have 55 seats on the Charter Bus. We will use our Church Suburban or rent 15 passenger van(s) if needed. If we can bring 90 teens on this retreat, we will get two Charter Buses! If we can generate the same excitement for this trip like you all do for our Summer Trip, then we will get THREE BUSES! ***
WE WILL BE STAYING AT:
- Christ the King Lutheran Church in Durango, CO
- Mountain Resorter (Non-Skier / Non-Snowboarder) = $290
- Skier / Snowboarder without Rentals = $350
- Skier / Snowboarder with Rentals = $380
- COST INCLUDES MEALS, TRANSPORTATION, LODGING, ACTIVITIES & A T-SHIRT.
MEALS THAT ARE PROVIDED:
- Dinner Friday Night in Flagstaff
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Saturday
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Sunday
- Breakfast and Lunch Monday
CHECK IN TIME:
Friday, January 18, 2019
- 2:30pm in the LCDC Parking Lot
- All luggage and equipment will be stored directly on the charter bus upon arrival.
- Check in at our table, turn in any medications you have if any, and grab a seat on the bus!
- Our goal is to be on the road by 3:00pm or before.
- Please arrive early and so we can leave on time. With Dinner in Flagstaff, we will be arriving in Durango at 11:00pm.
Monday, January 21, 2019
- We plan to return to LCDC around 3:00 or 4:00pm on Monday.
- We will send out a text alert on our expected arrival. Let us know if you would like to be on that list.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Bible and Pen/Pencil
- Sleeping Pad for the church floor
- A Sleeping Bag and Pillow
- Towel & Shower Supplies
- Backpack for bus snacks and to carry shower supplies in when we hit up the Durango Recreation Center for showers
- Trashbag for wet/dirty clothes.
- Snow Gear (Warm jacket, pants, socks, gloves, hand warmers, beanies, scarfs, chapstick, shoes to walk around in the SNOW)
- Every Ski/Snowboarders should have appropriate pants, jackets, socks, goggles and gloves to keep warm.
- If you are renting equipment, we need to know.
- If you are bringing equipment, we need to know.
- Ski/Snowboard Helmets are available for an additional $10 at the rental shop. You can get those the day of.
- Cameras. Cell Phones are allowed but for taking pictures only. They will be expected to be packed in your bags on the bus and during worship, messages, small group time or Doug will take your phone away and swallow it whole!!
- Bus Ride Snacks!
- Spending money for Durango Resort & Downtown shopping, additional food opportunities (Mountain Resort Venues, coffee, ice cream).
- If you have a sled(s) you are willing to bring, please let us know and text us a picture.
WHAT NOT TO BRING:
- Drugs/Alcohol/Vape Pens/Lighters/Knives anything you have to think twice about!!
- A first class ticket from the Durango airport to Phoenix is not worth it :-p
- We are thrilled to have your teen’s involvement in our youth ministry! We understand various life situations cause financial difficulties and as a church, we never want any kids to miss out because of finances. Thankfully, anonymous donors provide scholarships (amounts and availability may vary and are not guaranteed). Please take the time to fill out this Scholarship Request Form and drop it off at the church office with attention to Pastor Chris Tansey or email it to email@example.com. Please don’t hesitate to call if you have questions. Our office phone number is 480-948-1234. We are grateful to help!